Fortuna Entertainment Group was established in 2009 and became the largest Central European betting operator. Originally a Czech firm, it has grown into a holding company over time, and it now also operates on the Slovak, Polish, Romanian and Croatian markets.
DB Engineer (DB Developer)
The DB Engineer we look for is part of a talented SW development team that works on mission-critical components (especially core PostgreSQL database).
He / She should be able to apply ANALYTICAL THINKING and NATURAL LEADERSHIP to problem solving and to find PRAGMATIC SOLUTIONS that will be a lasting VALUE. We need somebody who is able to communicate CLEARLY and act PROACTIVELY, is always SEEKING FOR IMPROVEMENTS in existing technologies and processes, is comfortable working with agile methodology and tools and is autonomous when solving complex projects/ problems.
If you are the right fit, do not hesitate to let us know about yourself!
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES ARE TO:
- Model RDBMS (PostgreSQL)
- Work with large amount of data and frequency of transactions
- Optimise DDL and SQL queries
- Program using the PL/pgSQL language
- Enjoy massive refactoring of the whole system architecture (NoSQL databases, Queues, Messaging, Optimalisation, Scaling etc.)
- Execute good plans for upgrades (currently running 9.6, planning upgrade to 10) when developing, managing and testing back-up/recovery plans
- Communicate autonomously on complicated technical matters with colleagues from other departments (IT Developers, Business Analysts, Product Owners, Project Managers ...)
EXPECTED CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Experience in RDBMS (expert knowledge of PostgreSQL is a huge plus), knowing theory of RDBMS in details
- High focus and natural ability to deliver
- Passion for new technologies within IT (not only RDBMS, but other - such as MongoDB, VoltDB or any Big Data type database - is desirable)
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm, ability to multitask and prioritize and other qualities already mentioned above
- Knowledge of Unix/ Linux and experience in GIT (or other version control tools), Bitbucket and GitHub would be a big plus
- Experience in design of high availability architecture and power scalability and experience in technology message brokers (RabbitMQ) is a big plus
- At least intermediate knowledge of English
- Fluent knowledge of Czech or Slovak language
YOU CAN GAIN:
- Support for your professional development
- Diverse work in a constantly evolving field
- Flexible working hours
- Occasional home office
- Work in a friendly agile team
- Informal ambience, NO dress code
- Relax room at work (with darts, table football and pool billiards)
- Various events (company breakfasts, sports events etc.)
- Offices in an impressive building in the centre of Prague (nearby Florenc and Masarykovo nádraží)
- 5 weeks of vacation
- MultiSport card
- Meal vouchers
Informace o pozici
Na Florenci 2116/15, 110 00 Praha-Nové Město, Česká republika
Typ pracovního vztahu
Práce na plný úvazek
Typ smluvního vztahu
Délka pracovního poměru
Na dobu neurčitou
Čeština (výborná), angličtina (středně pokročilá)
FORTUNA GAME a.s.
KontaktFORTUNA GAME a.s.
Kamila Müllerová / https://www.linkedin.com/in/kamilamullerova/
Telefon: 608 606 502